"Something of my taste" Top 5 Page for this destination foreign or exotic clubs Tip by Norali

foreign or exotic clubs, Antwerp: 9 reviews and 8 photos

Off beat outside setting
by Norali

They said it's a theater, a cultural center. I saw there some leaflets about perf to come or the current ones. That was it about function.

Now, the ambience. It's great. A simple hub, simple setting, like a loft with an American kitchen. In fact, it is a hub with a long bar counter. Some bars on upper part with a wallpainting at the back.

The counter stroke my attention. I found it beautiful, interesting with those shades of green at the back. The greenish reflects of the glassware on the shelves. And the final touch that would have saved the whole set from a unattractive coldness: a vase on the counter with fresh white flowers... I liked it! A simple detail would have changed a lot.

You can go there for a drink, have something to eat. All is good, it seems. I had some sandwich for 2.80 euros. Delicious with its Morrocan bread, some tomato slices and chicken meat.

On the wall, some carpets that remind you of its multi-cultural dimension (probably N'debele art but no sure, would ask next time). Some artworks (paintings, photos) made by South-African artist(s).

Dress Code: The people.. diverse! From small groups of four to lonegoers who appreciate reading in this area. I envied the guy who sat near us, alone with his book. Not that I didn't have fun with my friend... I *did* have fun with them... but I love reading in public places too.. And there are few public places where I fancy doing that. Zuiderpershuis is one of them...

So far, this is my favourite amongst Antwerp pubs I've seen.

Next time, I would try the *cultural dimension*, not only the socializing one

Directions: Waalse kai
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Website: http://www.zuiderpershuis.be/

• Updated Feb 21, 2004

“Natural Highs Only ;-)”

Have you been to Antwerp?