"Penny Crunching" Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Local Custom Tip by RhondaRuth
North Conway Local Customs: 2 reviews and 2 photos
This is something we didn't do because we didn't know about it.
On the Notch Railroad trip the ride ends at Fabyan Station and everyone can get out and watch the Engine being brought around to the other end of the train to hook up & bring you back to North Conway.
Well ... see those people in the picture looking down at the track while the Engine goes by? That's because they put a penny on the track before the engine came around and runs over all the pennies people have put out on the track. You then pick up your crushed & flattened penny for a souvenir.
Cool keepsake huh?
More Reviews (17)
- Route 16 Outlets
- Country Inn
- See All Dinner Out!
- See All I suggest a Train Tour
- See All "Good food & good times" is their motto.
- Drive the Kancamagus Highway
- According to Season and Activity you'll...
- Are you ready for the Outdoors?
- Great Spot to View the Fall Foliage
- All kinds of shopping in North Conway
- See All Pumpkin Head People Visit in the Fall
Been to North Conway?Share your travels with the world!