"Hokey Pokey IceCream." Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Local Custom Tip by kiwi
New Zealand Local Customs: 139 reviews and 123 photos
All kiwis at some point in their lives grew up on Hokey Pokey Icecream. Rich, creamy and sweet, I found less tolerant of this delight as I got older.
But as a youngsgter, nothing was better nor made us feel so alive as eating a cone of this treat.
New Zealand is reknown for it's rich creamy icecream, and someone thought to add chunks of toffee and give it a funky name.
That was a long time ago, cos I've yet to meet a Kiwi who remembers life before HokeyPokey.
I do recommend you try this Kiwi Icon at least once. Just try a little if you are not so fond of rich desserts, but do try some.
othercontact: Most supermarkets & cnr stores.
More Reviews (74)
- See All Free Wifi around NZ
- See All Camping on Side of Road
- See All Nakedbus.com Cheapest travel around NZ.
- See All Visit White Island an active volcano.
- See All Beer unique to New Zealand
- See All No such thing as a short-beaked kiwi.
- See All Bungy Jump at the home of all Bungy!!
- See All The ladies' Bra Fence.
- See All Camp grounds and holiday parks.
- See All Between Hamilton and Rotorua
- Respect the Sun's Powers at all times!
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
kiwi's Related Pages
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels