"Sunday morning - time to visit East London Markets" Top 5 Page for this destination Markets - Street Life Tip by sourbugger
Markets - Street Life, London: 12 reviews and 20 photos
Experiencing 'market culture' is one of the joys of London.
One of the best times to do this is Sunday morning in the East End.
You can begin at Spitalfields, near Liverpool Street Station to ease yourself into it.
Presently the stuff available here is very much 'arty-farty' / middle class-heaven gear - similar to what you would find at Borough Market every day. There are plans afoot to re-develop (a euphenism meaning to destoy a perfectly decent place) - so see it while you can.
From there it is a short trip to other markets in the old east-end that almost interconnect with each other.
Columbia Road with its flowers is easily the most photogenic, but the Brick lane / Petticoat lane area will provide plenty of 'character' to explore. The stuff here is often only tat, fakes and rip-offs, but that is all part of the atmosphere. You also see some rather strange people selling off what can only be described as 'complete rubbish' from the darkest recesses of their garages.
The website i've listed will give more info and provide a useful map.
Address: Columbia rd, Spitalfields, Brick Ln, Petticoat Ln
Directions: Mainly grouped around Brick lane (Banglatown)
More Reviews (218)
- See All Will this work on oxford street ?
- See All Museum of childhood
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels