"Pumice Stone for traveling feet!" Europe Packing List Tip by tyerks

Europe What to Pack: 91 reviews and 51 photos

Luggage and bags: If you are doing a whole Europe thing, don't use a suitcase!! Use a backpack! My mom used a suitcase and spent so many tough travel days lugging it up and down stairs when there was no escalator. Definitely use a backpack. It really is much easier and more convenient. I would also recommend get a zip front backpack, because I had one that opened up top, and the stuff I wanted was ALWAYS buried at the bottom!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring a pumice stone or scrub with you when you go to Europe! Even if you have broken in shoes, your feet are bound to suffer a little bit, because you'll be walking SO much! I backpacked Europe in flip flops and that pumice scrub definitely saved my poor feet some days!

Miscellaneous: If you are from the States, or any other place that doesn't use many coins, bring a coin purse when you go to Europe. The smallest bill they have is a 5 Euro one, so you will accumulate tons of change. It will wreak havoc on your regular wallet.
Also, bring a journal and try to write in it every day. When I went to England in October of 2002, I didn't keep a journal, and now, my scrapbook lies unfinished a year later and I am going to have to do some researching to figure most of the stuff out. On my summer Europe tour, I kept a journal, and it's my favorite "souvenier" along with my pictures, because I can read it whenever and remember all the fun I had!

• Updated Oct 23, 2003

“To dream is to travel; to travel is to fulfill your dreams!”

Have you been to Europe?