"Crazy blue and huge crucifix" Top 5 Page for this destination Basilica of St Mary - Kosciol Mariacki Tip by matcrazy1
Basilica of St Mary - Kosciol Mariacki, Krakow: 124 reviews and 234 photos
In 1491 great medieval scuptorer Veit Stoss sculptured a stone crucifix that now is part of the late-Baroque altarpiece in the south aisle. And probably he sculptured the magnificent huge crucifix above the nave as well - look at my picture.
Sepulchral monuments of the Krakow rich and worthy fill every corner of the basilica and its twelve chapels. Just walk and admire.
Address: Above the nave of Basilica
Directions: NE corner of the Main Market Square
Phone: 48 58 301 39 82
More Things to Do in Krakow (93)
More Reviews (259)
- See All 3-star, family run hidden gem of Krakow!
- See All Great US friends and Polish food :-)
- See All Famous honey cakes from Torun
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All On bicycle
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels