"SMALL!! Best suited to couples" Harbor Court Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel Tip by catchpm

Harbor Court Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel, San Francisco: 1,178 reviews and 1 photos

View of Harbor Court Hotel from The Embarcadero
by catchpm

I can't say it wasn't a nice hotel, because it was. However unless you are a couple, the room will pose a problem in that it only has one double bed!

We asked if we could have 2 beds at check-in and were told that all bar a few have just 1 bed. They said it was a king sized bed, but I'd beg to differ and wouldn't even call it a queen size. In their defence, they were quick to provide us with extra bedding so that one of us could sleep on the floor.

Aside from that, you couldn't swing a cat in the bedroom. I felt very closed in when in there and couldn't wait to get out. Room itself was clean, plush and well equipped though. Cable TV with internet (at a reasonable $9.95 for 12 hours) was good.

My only gripe would be over the check in staff commenting on how little I'd paid for the room via priceline. That isn't their place to discuss. If the hotel accepted my offer, I should be treated like any other guest, not singled out. Rack rates were high when I checked

I would have to say that I don't recommend this one unless you are looking for a cosy (very!) lovers retreat for the weekend or something.

Address: 165 Steuart St, San Francisco, CA 94105
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Location was ok - you weren't really close to anything, but not too far either. It was in the financial district and about a 20 minute walk from Union Square and 30 to Fishermans Wharf. The only area you were close to was Mission for nightlife.
Phone: +1 415-882-1300
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.harborcourthotel.com/

• Written Oct 19, 2003

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to San Francisco?