"Huge lifelike statues!" Top 5 Page for this destination Basilica of St Mary - Kosciol Mariacki Tip by matcrazy1
Basilica of St Mary - Kosciol Mariacki, Krakow: 124 reviews and 234 photos
World's largest medieval sculpture consists of 200 fine limewood sculptures treated with color and gold foil.
The central part, with huge lifelike statues of the saints, depicts dramatically the Virgin Mary's Quietus among the Apostles. Looking upwards one sees the Ascension of Our Lady and Lord. And at the top there is the Madonna?s Heavenly Coronation by the Trinity.
Address: Main altar of the basilica of the Virgin Mary's
Directions: NE corner of the Main Market Square
Phone: 48 58 301 39 82
More Things to Do in Krakow (93)
More Reviews (259)
- See All 3-star, family run hidden gem of Krakow!
- See All Great US friends and Polish food :-)
- See All Famous honey cakes from Torun
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All On bicycle
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels