"Burg Eltz, Germany" Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Favorite Tip by sim1

Europe General: 595 reviews and 454 photos

Burg Eltz, Germany
by sim1

Favorite thing:

Castles of Europe
Burg Eltz
Germany

The next three castles are all located in Germany and are all close to the river Rhine and Moselle. It has been very long ago that I have been to this area, so the memories that go with every castle is fading. The memory I still have of my visit here is that there were so many beautiful castles. And what amazed me even more was that they were all so close together!
I want to start with my story about Burg Eltz. This castle just looks like a fairy tale from the outside. Isn't it beautiful!!!

I can't recall to much about the interior though, but it must have been nice. Here are some picture I took from the web to show you what the inside of the castle looks like. You can find more pictures and information about Burg Eltz on this website : http://www.burgeltz.de/e_index.html

There is one memory about my visit to this castle that is still very vivid. And that memory has actually not so much to do with the castle itself.

When you go to the castle there are two ways to get here, walk up the hill, or make a huge detour and go there by car. When we went here, I didn't know you could here by car, so I walked. This is something I haven't regret doing. The walk was beautiful, but tiring :-)

• Updated Oct 18, 2003

Comments

sim1 Visits Here Frequently!

sim1