"Peillon, France" Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Things to Do Tip by sim1

Europe Things to Do: 1,313 reviews and 2,177 photos

by sim1

Aaaah?. Peillon! I just loved this place, so picturesque! The only bad thing is that it started to rain while I was here :-( But maybe that was good news on the other hand as well. Hahaha, I would have gone bankrupt in paying for developing my rolls of films from Peillon otherwise, because I would have loved to take over a 1000 pictures here, lol. Now I had to take cover and protect my camera from the rain instead. So not a lot of photos of Peillon, but the ones that I do have I will show you on my Peillon page.

Peillon is a lovely perched village, situated high upon a hill, north of Monaco. When you see it you can hardly believe how they could decide to build a village here. It is so secluded and seemingly unreachable on a hilltop!

A winding road brings you to Peillon and at the entrance to the city is a car park, from where you can explore the village by foot. Unlike other perched villages I saw in the Provence, Peillon has remained its authentic character. It hasn?t been taken over by commercialism and it feels like a ?real? village where people live their daily lives. The villages looks like it hasn?t changed that much since the middle ages, cobble stoned streets, narrow and climbing up into the village, small alleys and picturesque corners. A real ?must see? if you like places like this!

You can read more about this picturesque village on my Peillon page

• Updated Jan 31, 2005

Comments

sim1 Visits Here Frequently!

sim1