Big Kitchen Cafe: "A FoodTV recommendation" Big Kitchen Cafe Tip by BLewJay

Big Kitchen Cafe, San Diego: 2 reviews and 2 photos

I first heard about this place while watching the FoodTV episode ($40.00 a Day) hosted by Rachael Ray. She came to San Diego and was able to eat 3 complete meals (plus dessert) for less than $40.00, and one of the locations she dined at was the Big Kitchen Cafe.

Located in the airy and close knit Golden Hill district of San Diego, the Big Kitchen Cafe makes customers feel at home while serving delicious homemade meals at great prices. I've only eaten breakfast there, but I will have to go back for lunch soon :-)

Since Laura (hayward68) was visiting us for the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday and we had a big day ahead of us, we decided to give this place a try.

Favorite Dish: I selected the 2 egg/Corned Beef Hash (with fried potatoes and an english muffin) platter, LJ chose the Buttermilk Pancake (the pancake was as big as the plate...and the plate was huge) meal and Laura had the Sausage Biscuits and Gravy with Eggs and Bacon. The meals were so big that we decided to take some of it home :-)

Address: 3003 Grape Street
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Located in the Golden Hills district of San Diego (near Balboa Park).
Phone: (619) 234-5789
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Breakfast
Website: http://www.bigkitchencafe.com

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Updated Mar 28, 2011

Comments

BLewJay

“VT is the greatest!!!”

Have you been to San Diego?