"Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC)" Top 5 Page for this destination Petronas Twin Towers Tip by mansionion
Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur: 272 reviews and 482 photos
The KLCC development project is one of the largest real estate development in the world. It was build on a 40 hectare (100 acre) piece of land that used to house the Selangor Turf Club race course.
The self-contained city-within-a-city integrated development project was commenced in 1992 and divided into 2 phases comprising commercial, retail, hotel, residential and entertainment facilities.
So far, Phase 1 of the project has been completed comprising:
1) The 88 storey Petronas Twin Towers
2) Suria KLCC - the six-level, 1.5 million sq. feet shopping centre
3) The 49 storey Menara Maxis
4) The 30 storey Menara Esso
5) The 32 storey Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur Hotel
6) The 20 hectare (50 acre) Public Park
7) The As-syakirin mosque which can accommodate 6,000 people
8) Two District Cooling Centres, which use natural gas to chill water for air-conditioning
Under Phase 2, a convention centre (Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre) is currently under construction whereas its residential development project is yet to be launched.
A visit to KLCC is a must for those visiting KL, particularly to the Petronas Twin Towers, Suria KLCC and its public park.
Address: Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur.
Directions: Can be easily acces from Jalan Ampang, Jalan P. Ramlee and Jalan Tun Razak or better still take the Putraline LRT and allight at (where else?) the KLCC station.
More Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur (23)
More Reviews (57)
- See All Discount Stores
- Night view of KL
- See All From Mutiara to Crowne Plaza Mutiara
- See All The Bok House
mansionion's Related Pages
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels