"Ansouis" Top 5 Page for this destination Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Things to Do Tip by sim1

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Things to Do: 208 reviews and 403 photos

by sim1

Ansouis is a little village with a renaissance castle ?Chateau d?Ansouis?, located east of Avignon. I came to Ansouis especially to visit the castle as I read in my guidebook that it has a nice interior. It was only a short detour for me to go here, so enough reason for me to go and take a look in Ansouis. Sigh?. the bad news was that the castle was closed when I got here. There are guided tours for the castle, but not around 12:00, of course the time I was here!

If I remember right the first guided tour was around 15:00, but I didn?t want to wait that long. So instead I had a nice stroll in Ansouis. I didn?t regret going here though! Ansouis is a lovely village with lots of picturesque spots like you can see in the picture. There is also the 'Muséee extraordinaire de Georges Mazoyer, hahaha, of course also closed at this time of day. But I could look over the fence to have a quick look at the sculpture garden.

There are more photos and information about this village on my Ansouis page

• Updated Oct 10, 2005