"The Aquarium... a maze with a lot of fish" Aquarium Tip by sim1

Aquarium, Genoa: 7 reviews and 7 photos

The aquarium in Genoa
by sim1

Favorite thing:
The aquarium in Genoa is one of the largest aquariums in Europe. My first impression of the aquarium wasn?t exactly what you call good though. When you enter the aquarium the first thing that happens is that a mascot jumps next to you and tells you to smile for a picture? arghhh! I totally dislike things like that, and yep, unusual for me, I refused to smile! (no need to say that I didn?t buy the picture either). But I have to admit that the aquarium itself has some great displays, so a must see for people that love aquariums.
Maybe I have a weird impression of the aquarium, hahaha, but to me it felt like being in a maze, with the fish tanks on either side as decoration. Hahaha, I got totally lost here, or better said, confused of where I was in the aquarium. They lead you through the aquarium in such a confusing way! My sense of direction is already very bad, and going criss-cross through the aquarium didn't make it any better :-)
There are some great displays though, and the aquarium is really huge. So you really need quite a bit of time to see it all. I didn't count on this, so I almost went running through the aquarium (I didn't have that much time), with some stops on the way to enjoy and look at all the exotic fish. The aquarium has 59 tanks containing hundreds of different species from across the globe.

• Updated Oct 8, 2003