"Scaffolds and tourists" Sagrada Familia Tip by morganna
Sagrada Familia, Barcelona: 476 reviews and 1,080 photos
You will listen it's wonderful, but will listen it's a waste of time and money... 10 points to understand better SaFa and avoid typicall misunderstandings:
1. This is NOT the CATHEDRAL. It's just a temple. The cathedral of BCN is gothic, is finished and you don't pay to take in.
2. Yes, it's UNFINISHED. They are still building it. Isn't it funny? Original GaudÝ stuff is only in east side, now they are following his project... are they?
3. The west side is not GaudÝ stuff. It is made by SUBIRACHS, a contemporary catalan sculptor. Maybe you also like it, but don't look at it as if it were the way GaudÝ worked. More views in the link below.
4. You have to PAY to take in. This is the only source of money to finish the building, since it is a private construction.
5. There is a museum INSIDE. This is what you pay for. If you are really interested in architecture, GaudÝ and so on, visit it. If you are just a tourist who wanna see the temple inside... don't do it.
6. LA PEDRERA (in Passeig de GrÓcia) is another building of GaudÝ. There is also a museum about his work inside, and you can go up to the terrace, really nice.
7. Yes, there are religious celebrations there. Of course, they don't take place in the church, between the scaffolds. There is a CRYPT where people go to mass.
8. It is one of the most CROWDED monuments in Barcelona. So you probably will find an important waiting line to take in. Go there soon in the morning or at lunch time to avoid it.
9. It's one of those places full of inattentive tourists getting off lots of buses. So... crazy traffic and pickpockets. Pay ATTENTION.
10. I don't know yet the meaning of those misterious NUMBERS in Passion West front. As soon as I find out, I will post it here.
Address: Carrer de Mallorca 401
Directions: Metro: Line 2 or 5 Station: Sagrada Familia
Phone: 93 207 30 31
More Reviews (11)
morganna's Related Pages
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels