"Old Circus (Nikulin)" Old Circus - Nikulin Circus Tip by Dabs

Old Circus - Nikulin Circus, Moscow: 7 reviews and 6 photos

Old Circus (Nikulin)
by Dabs

There are two circuses in Moscow, the old and the new. The new circus was not in town so we ended up going to the old circus twice, once with tickets obtained by my VT friend Lalique and once with our tour group.

The 350 ruble seats were much better than the tour provided 200 ruble seats, spring for the extra cost if you can afford it. There were seats that were even more expensive but I thought the view from our seats was great.

The old circus is in a more central location than the new, in a modern building.

The human acts featured gymnasts, all of which were quite good.

There were also several animal acts including chimps, reptiles (boy, was I rooting for that crocodile to take a chunk outta that trainer!), seals and bears.

I have to say that a couple of the animal acts made me a little uncomfortable and it was a little sad seeing a majestic animal like a bear being made to act so unmajestically. But the audiences love the animal acts, perhaps this is a bit of a cultural difference?

Address: Tsvetnoy bul 13
Directions: metro: Tsvetnoy Bulvar, turn right out of the metro station, a 2 minute walk

• Written Oct 1, 2003

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Moscow?