"Lochristi - city of flowers" Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Off The Beaten Path Tip by Luchonda
Gent Off The Beaten Path: 112 reviews and 165 photos
Lochristi /Beervelde/Zeveneken - at the eastside of Ghent are small towns but famous for cultivating flowers like Begonia's and Azalea's.
Now in September the fields of flowers are so colorfull and a joye for the eye!
The flowers are not only used for local exibitions - they are export products for the whole world.
Other attraction in Lochristi is "Kasteel Rozelaar" - former farm of the Ghent St-Baafs abbey and located on an Island in the middle of the town.
At the occasion of "Open Monument Day" this castle with it's gardens is worth a visit.
More Off The Beaten Path in Gent (22)
More Reviews (150)
- See All Harbor of Ghent - Flat boat show in May
- See All Gentsche Fieste 2008 - Teater Exces
- See All Industrial architecture
- See All Port of Ghent - juli 2008
- See All Six days biking - top sport Flanders
- See All Rock&Roll - unplugged
- See All Beautiful views on the harbor of Ghent
- Ghent has a lot of good accomodations
- See All Manneken Pis
- Buy east flanders agricultural products
- See All Traffic signs
Been to Gent?Share your travels with the world!