"Risky visits in an US library?" Nogales Warnings Or Dangers Tip by matcrazy1

Nogales Warnings and Dangers: 8 reviews and 8 photos

NOGALES SANTA CRUZ COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY
by matcrazy1

Haha, it's a strange and luckily not accurate nowadays tip.
To be exact Nogales Santa Cruz County Public Library was not the first US library I visited.

The first was US Consulate library in Krakow, Poland which I used to visit as a teenager. Hmm... you even can't imagine how I was unhappy when I got to know that I was too young to register and borrow books there. But I could read/review them and learn English that way in a reading room - for free and in communist times where it was not supported by Polish/Soviet authorities in any way although officially it was not forbidden.

Hmm... I remember that a few of my school mates were afraid to go there. They said that they didn't want to have any problems, they wanted to get a passport for next travel for example (passports were stored at police stations that time and you had to apply before each trip). It seems that they had right. I didn't get a passport for one of my trips that time (reason unknown).

Now, it's known that there was a secret apartment next door to entrance to the US Consulate rented by communist security forces called UB. They took a picture to every person who entered the US Consulate, try to guess why? Hehe, they must have a lot of my pictures unless they destroyed them before they were gone.

• Updated Oct 12, 2003

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Nogales?