Various: "On the subway system and hungry?" Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Restaurant Tip by CdnJane
Toronto Restaurants: 830 reviews and 878 photos
Not sure if this should be on Restaurant tips or Transportation or where?
You're riding the subway, and you're hungry... BUT you don't want to leave the system and have to pay another subway fare..... WHAT TO DO??? Don't panic... you can get fed within the subway system.
McDonald's has (had) an outlet that is open to the subway and streetcar patrons at the St.Clair station on the Yonge line.
There are Cinnabon locations at Sheppard and also at Eglinton, both on the Yonge line.
There are Gateway newstands that have bottled/canned drinks and munchies at many of the stations.
The Don Mills subway station on the mini-Sheppard line has a shop that serves coffee, donuts and other baked goods & sandwiches.
Eglinton (at Yonge) also has several food outlets, a Second Cup, and a place that sells a marvellous schnitzel sandwich and not bad pizza.
Favorite Dish: Schnitzel at Yonge & Eglinton - prefer to take it home and discard the bun.... one of the better schnitzels I've had out. Several varieties to try. The sandwiches look good too.
Address: The subway stations of Toronto
Price Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Toronto (41)
More Reviews (69)
- See All CN Tower at Night
- See All Have a Friend with a Yacht Club...
- See All Catch glimpses of the Past and Present...
- See All Tim Horton's Coffee - Its the Canadian...
- See All Direction Signs on Exiting Subway...
- See All Pay Attention to Construction Sites
- See All Another Autumn Shot from my balcony
- See All Good Conference Location in North...
- See All Seems pretty popular
- See All Canada Day Goes Country
- Oh Dear! What should I bring
- Make Sure You've Settled on a Price
CdnJane's Related Pages
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels