Gasthof Zum Lamm: "Simple Bavarian hospitality" Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotel Tip by blagarrett99

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels: 40 reviews and 49 photos

This pension is a simple, clean and quite comfortable little family place. It is a bit off the beaten path but worth finding it. The rooms are small but quite comfortable. You feel that you have been invited to stay in someone's home.
The price was perfect. 35 Euros per person with a very lovely breakfast included. If you can't find it, ask at the information building in the center of town. That is how we found it!

Unique Qualities: I had the most lovely view from my room window of the mountains. On Easter Sunday I awoke to the sound of the church bells and sunlight. As I opened the huge window and looked to my right, the mountain was awash with the golden morning light. I could not take my eyes from the entire scene of this village and those mountains.
Breakfast was so satisfying. A buffet was set in a small room of wooden floors and a low cieling of timbers. It was warm and inviting.

Address: Forstamtweg 1
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: It is reasonably close to the center of town and slightly heading out of town to the south.
othercontact: Robert Kraus-Proprieter
Phone: 08821-2750
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Pension/Guesthouse

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“Be flexable, travel light”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?