Movenpick Restaurants Of Switzerland: "Swiss Fondue" Le Marche - Movenpick Tip by grandmaR

Le Marche - Movenpick, Toronto: 13 reviews and 5 photos

From hotel elevator
by grandmaR

I went back to the hotel at lunchtime, and walked around in the area to find a place to eat. This Movenpick place looked interesting. Apparently it is a sort of a chain, as there are restaurants with this name in various places in Toronto.

Movenpick Restaurant 416.535.8711 650 Dupont St
Movenpick Restaurants 416.366.5234 165 York St
Movenpick Restaurants 416.926.9545 133 Yorkville Ave
Movenpick Restaurants 416.245.2887 245 Dixon Rd
Movenpick Restaurants 416.482.4895 3501 Yonge St
Movenpick Restaurant - Le Marche 416.366.8122
1500 - 111 Richmond St. W (BCE Place)

I'm pretty sure I did not eat at the La Marche location (the tip group title that I've put it under). I sat at a table and was waited on like a regular restaurant. Not knowing Toronto, I am assuming that I ate at the 111 Richmond St. place W which was near my hotel which was at 145 Richmond St. W.

Favorite Dish: Specialty: Schnitzel and rösti potatoes

I had Gruyer Toast here for lunch. I love cheese. It cost $10.75 CD including tip, which I think was a little much to pay (even if it only works out to $7.42 USD), but it was good.

The website says:
"Winner of the Best International Dining Award, Mövenpick, a Swiss restaurant, houses four restaurants under one roof. Swiss specialties include rösti, (fried potatoes), rahmschnitzel (pork schnitzel with cream sauce) and herring marinated in red wine. Giving it international flair are dishes such as salmon lasagna, pepper steak, curries, and steak tartare. Theme evenings whisk you off to Italy, the seacoast, Switzerland and gourmet land. For an intimate dining affair try the racelett (cook at your table) in a cozy corner of the Grape and Cheese Wine Bar. Open from 7:30 a.m. to midnight daily, Mövenpick is partially wheelchair accessible."

$$-$$$

Phone: (416)366-8122
Rating: 3
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Updated Apr 12, 2005

Comments

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Have you been to Toronto?