"Loreto church & Monastery" Top 5 Page for this destination Loretto Tip by globetrott
Loretto, Prague: 57 reviews and 110 photos
Just a few steps from Strahov there is another beautiful monastery and pilgrimage church called Loreto. This monastery was built in 1620 after the " victory on the White Hills " (directely translated from the german expression) of the catholics over the protestants.
In 1750 the monastery was finished in Baroque style by Christoph Dientzenhofer and his son Kilian Ignaz.
All of the pics that you may see in this tip are from the outside part of the Loreto-church, that you may see without paying the small entrance-fee. There are plenty of great sculptures around the stairs leading to Loreto.
Address: Loreta, Loretanske namesti 7.
Directions: Castle Hill (Hradcany), 5min to walk west from Prague Castle, and about 3 minutes to walk from Strahov monastery.
More Reviews (164)
- See All Klasterni Zahrady - the monastery-park
- See All Sejbl & Hurvinek
- See All KARLOVY VARY / Karlsbad
- See All Take the train to Telc / Teltsch
- See All Telc / Teltsch - a Must for every...
- See All another lovely tourist-trap
- See All a great place for a large...
- See All TIPS are not included BUT the gratuities...
- Blue Zones in the Centre of Prague !
- See All Narodni Divalo / The National Theatre at...
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels