"Palace and gardens, beauty within a beauty" Wilanow Tip by adin
Wilanow, Warsaw: 37 reviews and 71 photos
Although it was built on the site of an old place named 'Vila Nova' (name given by the Italian architect ) hence the name 'Wilanow', years before his time the palace was mainly extended by King Jan Sobieski III, who made it his main place of residence because of his wife, Maria, known as "Marysienka".
The gardens were laid out and planted for her to remind her the gardens of Versailles in France.
After all, she was French and he was head over heels in love with her in spite of all her flirting around...
When there, don't go to the fancy restaurant inside. You have a very reasonably priced cafe at the entrance where you could get full lunch and pay much, very much less.
Directions: bus 180 , 116 , 130 , 522 , E2 to the last stop.
Phone: +48 22 842 18 52
More Things to Do in Warsaw (18)
More Reviews (33)
- See All Budget HOTELS in the center
- See All Don't rent a car, use public
- See All The sweet world of WEDEL
- Bikes, Ski, Tenis - equipment and...
- See All SZU SZU is what it is in Polish...
- See All Very cheap, very basic, very centrally...
- Tygmont - nice and simple, to the point.
- See All Katyn - The long kept secret
- Bashka..... Bashka...... Bashka.......
- Don't forget the umbrella
- See All "Chinese food" on the street is a health...
- Be polite - it helps
adin's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels