Frank: "Very small good Italian" Top 5 Page for this destination Frank Tip by cjg1

Frank, New York City: 7 reviews and 6 photos

Ilko at Frank 20 July 2004
by cjg1

Ilko at Frank 20 July 2004
    by cjg1
  • Very small good Italian - New York City

Best Of: Sidewalk Seating, Date.

Wow. This place has just started taking reservations for parties over 8. My first time we went for a Labor day weekend meeting. Mark, acemj, was in town and we met with him and a couple of his friends. I come back here often although with a group it is very hard. And its first come first serve for the group table when making the reservations. There is only the one. It will hold up to 18 comfortably and more if you really push it.

We recently came here to meet up with Vivian for dinner. Liz and I had drinks at the bar but by the time Vivian arived the place was too jam packed and we decided to go elsewhere for dinner.

Please note. The entire restaurant is CASH ONLY.

Favorite Dish: I had the Tagliata. Didnt know what it was but would order it again now that I do. Just what I needed actually so it all worked out.

This is on the New York Magazine top cheap eats list for 2003 and the crowd shows it.

My brother is seen here eating the baked chicken in mid 2004. One of the better menu items available although some would argue the mashed potatoes they give with it is the reason to order. I myself finally went with the roasted rosemary chicken as it is called on the menu at the VT Meeting here October 23, 2006

This is also, in the words of one of our favorite party planners, THE place to get a blonde in the city. And as she will be very happy to hear, they are again serving blondes in here.

Address: 88 2nd Ave (at 5th St.) East Village
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Look for the "cool people" hanging around outside
Phone: (212) 420-0202
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.frankrestaurant.com/

• Updated Apr 8, 2009

Comments

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to New York City?