Gardens Restaurant: "ChooChoo Cuisine" Top 5 Page for this destination Chattanooga Restaurant Tip by soundsgoodtome

Chattanooga Restaurants: 57 reviews and 90 photos

The Gardens Restaurant is one of four dining choices at the Chattanooga ChooChoo. I have only been here a few times, but I have always been very satisfied with the food and service. The atmosphere is pleasant, and the food is inexpensive. Not many locals dine here since its part of the hotel, but they are missing out on a great thing that many tourists get to enjoy. Make sure to take a stroll through the gardens outside, especially in spring and summer. Also, the cafe nextdoor serves delicious desserts and coffee drinks. There is also a bar on the opposite side of the lobby, and out back there is another restaurant on the diner cars of an old train.

Favorite Dish: I used to always get the Market Street salad, but I learned on my last visit here that it had been replaced on the menu for another salad that was exactly the same but it had turkey instead of grilled chicken. I do not remember what this other salad is called, but you can substitute anything on these salads, including the meat. So I still got my Market Street salad. The buffet is what a lot of people get here, but I am yet to have tried it.

Address: Market Street, can't miss the ChooChoo
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: The Gardens Restaurant is located just behind the hotel lobby, with the outdoor gardens right out the back.
Rating: 4
Theme: American

• Written Sep 1, 2003

“Time is man's eternal enemy, it only goes by slowly when we don't want it to.”

Have you been to Chattanooga?