"Antwerpian chocolate" Top 5 Page for this destination Chocolates Tip by Norali

Chocolates, Antwerp: 25 reviews and 31 photos

Hans Burie boutique
by Norali

A nice one located Korte Gasthuisstraat.

Years ago, I discovered it while trying to escape from the main crowded path I walked in... Well, the gourmette me just discovered something that sounded delicious in windowdisplay: hazelnuts chocolate plaque. That was impressive but I was on diet... So I just looked at it and walked away... I bought some stuffs from the neighbouring shop instead... Delicious as well and safer for me... Discover what it was.

This time, I asked Dannie several times (I hope I was not too insisting haha) about this shop I didn't remember the name of... that sells chocolate... that I was remembering the hazelnut chocolate plaque... that was located off a main street I didn't remember the name either... Quite instantly, she guessed it: "Burie" she said...

I was wondering how she guessed it knowing there are many chocolatiers in Belgium... But when I was in front of the shop, I, too, recognized it straight away. How fun!

Hans Burie still produces chocolates according to the traditional standards. I would qualify his offer as the Antwerpian chocolate thinking it is his only shop in Belgium (Antwerpians, do correct me if I am wrong). I would associate Burie chocolate with Antwerp as I would do it with the city and De Koninck beer.

What to buy: Chocolate: especially diamond-shaped chocolate. Remember, like Brabo and his hand, Diamond is a feature of Antwerp.

Handmade masterworks with original and topical subjects that locals can admire quite regularly. Burie chocolates and windowdisplay are known for that.

Address: Korte gasthuisstraat 3
Theme: Food and Drink

• Updated Nov 29, 2003

“Natural Highs Only ;-)”

Have you been to Antwerp?