Guytano's: "Tuscan-American" Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Restaurant Tip by acemj

Charlotte Restaurants: 184 reviews and 94 photos

I hesitate to classify this place as Italian because it's really very eclectic. The owner/chef, Guytano Ciccone has a flair for presentation and inspects each plate before it leaves the kitchen. I was here recently (August 2003) with VTer steph4867. We have a habit of eating well whenever we see each other and this night was no exception.
The interior is cool, with a night sky ceiling complete with stars and clouds. There is a fountain and gas lamps and a dim, cozy lighting to complement hand painted murals on the walls.

Favorite Dish: Stephanie and I both started with a glass of Antinori Santa Cristina Sangiovese (2001) and some delicious bread with a slightly sweet butter spread. She had the Herb-Crusted Chicken Sautéed for the main course and I had the Jumbo Lump Crabcakes Sautéed. My crabcakes were great, one served in a mustard-based sauce, the other in a peppery tomato sauce. Stephanie's chicken was also great served in an especially smooth gargonzola cream sauce. For dessert we shared a Cinnamon and Vanilla Bean Gelato which was awesome!

Address: 6000 Fairview Rd. Suite 109
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Across from South Park Mall
othercontact: book your reservation online
Phone: 704-554-1114
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Written Aug 29, 2003

acemj Used To Live Here!

“Be a life savor(er)”

Have you been to Charlotte?