"Languages" Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Local Custom Tip by globetrott
Prague Local Customs: 349 reviews and 432 photos
The Czech Language is very complicated and hard to learn.
After several weeks you might understand a few words maybe, when you see them again and again, like otevreno (open)...
Plenty of people will understand Russian as well, but mostly it reminds them of hard times of Communisme...
Many will understand English or German, especially when they work in tourist industry.
Most restaurants will have English or German menues !
My pic is an old sign at the trainstation, where inscriptions in Czech,Russian and German made sense.
Normally even in many museums, everything is written in Czech ONLY - but papers with translations into various languages will be offered to tourists.
More Local Customs in Prague (8)
More Reviews (244)
- See All Klasterni Zahrady - the monastery-park
- See All The townhall of Litomysl
- See All KARLOVY VARY / Karlsbad
- See All Take the train to Telc / Teltsch
- See All Telc / Teltsch - a Must for every...
- See All another lovely tourist-trap
- See All a great place for a large...
- See All TIPS are not included BUT the gratuities...
- Blue Zones in the Centre of Prague !
- See All Narodni Divalo / The National Theatre at...
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels