"Problems with taxis" Singapore Warnings Or Dangers Tip by sourbugger
Singapore Warnings and Dangers: 170 reviews and 90 photos
Before I say anything else, I must point out that Singaporean Taxis drivers are some of the best on the planet - and the fares are cheap by western standards too.
However a couple of points I picked up :
1) "Bookers" have appeared at some tourist hot-spots like Clarke Quay. They will ring a taxi for you - but there will be an additional charge for you.
2) Cabbies are not too keen on picking up a ride after 11.30 at night, as they are waiting to increase there fares by 50% when the midnight hour arrives.
3) Remember that you are liable for the congestion charge at various point in the day.
Some cabbies will try to avoid it if possible, by using a slightly longer route - or will at least warn you beforehand.
Having said all that - we found Singapore Taxi drivers great and not one of them dared say : "I'm not going south of the river at this time of night, mate !"
More Warnings and Dangers in Singapore (1)
More Reviews (18)
- You won't find this stuff in the tourist...
- See All Useful guide on-line with the inn-crowd
- Beam me up scotty
- See All The Mcdonalds of Vegetarian Indian Food
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels