"Should I tip for WC or not?" Munich Local Custom Tip by wildstrawberries
Munich Local Customs: 179 reviews and 181 photos
There are 3 kinds of WCs in Munich:
1) Unattended(free) - in U-bahn stations mostly
2) Attended - in shopping centres/fastfood restaurants
3) Unattended (Coin-operated lock) - in less crowded towns or nearer to the countryside
If you feel obligated to pay for toilet usage, DON'T! Many locals are put off by this practice of paying for use of toilet/tipping of this so-called 'keeper', who DOESN'T actually clean the toilet.
I often wonder why McDonald's and Burger King allow these people to sit outside the toilet collecting a faux-compulsory fee for usage of their WCs. If you must, tip the cleaners.
More Reviews (29)
- Food as souvenirs
- See All Dachau Altstadt (Old Town)
- See All Wild about strawberries
- See All Commercially Cute
wildstrawberries' Related Pages
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels