"You wouldn't expect to find a beach on a river" Beaches Tip by unravelau
Beaches, Sydney: 73 reviews and 125 photos
But Sandy Beach, the place where I learned to swim, was not only supposedly the largest open air pool in the southern hemisphere, but also a fenced off portion of the shark infested Georges River, famous for its oysters.
A pretty park that attracted heaps of visitors on the weekends also had a unique kiosk come look-out centrally situated. A very peaceful place.
othercontact: Situated at Oatley, south of syd
More Off The Beaten Path in Sydney (14)
More Reviews (30)
- Unusual accommodation in a Sydney Zoo
- See All Theatre and gourmet dining
- See All Ocean liners are fairly popular
- See All The Dendy Theatre on the East Wharf x3
- See All Golfing at Long Reach with view...
unravelau's Related Pages
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels