"Rizong gompa" Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Off The Beaten Path Tip by call_me_rhia
Ladakh Range Off The Beaten Path: 22 reviews and 30 photos
Rizong gompa is located on the left bank of the Indu river, about 75 kilometres west of Leh. To get there take the right turn after Uletopko. This gompa was built in the 19th century by Tsulrim Nyima, a monk from nearby Saspol. There's a chorten with his ashes somewhere in the monastery. About 50 Gelugpa monks live in the complex, and they are very frendly - if you can, ask them to see their kitchen: it's truly spectacular - a jump back in time.
More Reviews (32)
- See All the Water of the Indu River
- See All Stock Royal Palace
- Jewellery and more
- Leh: the German Bakery
- See All Leh town
- See All Leh: Hotel Mandala
- don't forget to bring...
- See All Hiking: Uletopko to Mangyu (and back)
- watch the moon... watch the stars...
- See All Getting there: by plane
- See All dangerous roads... and road signs
- cultural show
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Have you been to Ladakh Range?Share Your Travels