"Phyang gompa" Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Off The Beaten Path Tip by call_me_rhia
Ladakh Range Off The Beaten Path: 22 reviews and 30 photos
Phyang gompa is a lovely gompa - not particularly for the monastery itself, but for its spectacular surroundings - green and lush - fileds of I don't know which cereal or vegetable. The other thing that captivated me was the mumbling/chanting I heard from a building: I went there to see what was going on, and found a lovely class of novices studying English. Then I looked at the blackboard - spotted some spelling mistakes, and the teacher of me couldn't resist: I grabbed one novice, took him to the blackboard, pointed out the mistakes and asked them to correct them. At that moment the monk/english teacher arrived.. and burst out laughing!
More Reviews (32)
- See All the Water of the Indu River
- See All Stock Royal Palace
- Jewellery and more
- Leh: the German Bakery
- See All Leh town
- See All Leh: Hotel Mandala
- don't forget to bring...
- See All Hiking: Uletopko to Mangyu (and back)
- watch the moon... watch the stars...
- See All Getting there: by plane
- See All dangerous roads... and road signs
- cultural show
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Have you been to Ladakh Range?Share Your Travels