"Obtaining tourist visa from the US" Moscow Favorite Tip by Dabs

Moscow General: 317 reviews and 392 photos

Favorite thing: If you are traveling with a tour group, there's no need to incur the additional cost of a visa service agent which can add $30+ to the already high cost.

Your tour company should issue you a visa support letter which will come from the hosting Russian tour company. We added several days onto our tour and the visa support letter covered the extra days. Be sure to ask your tour company to do that. In addition to that letter, I also sent a copy of the invoice from the tour company and a description of the tour from their webpage.

The best source of information is the Russian Consulate page at www.ruscon.com. If you follow the instructions on this page carefully, you should have no problem.

A couple of things to note:

- men between the ages of 18-45 have to fill out an additional form (we require their men to do the same thing to visit the US, tit for tat)

- form of payment needs to be a money order or a cashier's check

- I always send my passport via Federal Express or some other service that I can track its arrival

- the visa takes up a whole page of your passport so if you don't have any blank pages, you need to get some added which can be done for free with the US Passport agency

• Written Aug 18, 2003

More General in Moscow (1)

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Moscow?