Skylight Diner: "Great place to stop on the way outta town..." Skylight Diner Tip by Radiomom

Skylight Diner, New York City: 3 reviews and 2 photos

Genuine NYC Diner
by Radiomom

Literally we found this on our way out of town...driving cross-town toward the Lincoln Tunnel, it was after 7PM and the thought of eating on the turnpike was daunting. Crazily, a free parking spot (only because it was Sunday) on 34th about a block before 9th Ave caught my eye. "There's GOT to be someplace near here to eat..." so we pulled out our TimeOut Eating & Drinking Guide and found a listing for the Skylight Dinner. We saw it from across the street and knew it was going to hit the spot...AND IT WAS PERFECT! Neat and clean, it's a neighborhood spot that is probably going to become a standard stop for us on our frequent weekend jaunts to NYC.

Favorite Dish: Wine by the glass, a bottle of beer for under $4...and a full dinner for $10 or even less! Steve's half chicken (baked) with apple-walnut stuffing was terrific, I liked my chicken Dijon, too...The veggies were fresh and not overcooked. Oh, yes, and tasty dinner rolls, served warm. yum. True "comfort food"
and easy on the pocketbook.

Address: 402 W 34th St
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: It's a couple blocks West of Penn Station, and really, just about a block before you turn off for the Lincoln Tunnel. And I think it's open 24 hours!
othercontact: fax 212-244-0633
Phone: 212-244-0395
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Diner

• Written Aug 16, 2003

“Smile and be patient”

Have you been to New York City?