Hostaria Isidoro: ""Basta, basta, I'm stuffed!!"" Rome Restaurant Tip by acemj

Rome Restaurants: 1,196 reviews and 1,250 photos

The meal I had here is one of the top 10 meals of my life!!! It's nothing fancy, but it was surely memorable. A group of us from the hostel decided to take the advice of the owners of our hostel and try it out. It's not too far from the Colosseum although it's a bit tricky to find if you've had one too many limoncellos. Inside, you'll find a very welcoming family atmosphere and most of the people eating here seemed to be in large parties all seated at long tables and conversing loudly and happily. We had 8 people from the hostel and had an amazing time.

Favorite Dish: Trust me. Just look at the waiter and say, "assaggini." This means that you are ordering the house special which is an endless stream of pasta, pasta and more pasta. I was amazed at the variety of pastas that kept coming one after the other. Our table had already sampled various Italian alcoholic treats at the hostel before arriving so we were particularly joyous each time the waiter brought the next dish. We greeted him with "hip, hip hoorays" and I'm sure he thought we were nuts! Make sure you're hungry. Also, order the house red and keep it coming. It was a young and delicious wine the night we were there.

Sorry, I don't remember the price, but it was probably around 25-35 Euros per person.

Address: Via San Giovanni al Laterno, 59
Comparison: N/A
Directions: Colosseum
Price: N/A
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Oct 5, 2003

Comments

acemj

“Be a life savor(er)”