"Kunsthistorisches Museum" KHM - Kunsthistorisches Museum - Art History Museum Tip by Sharrie
KHM - Kunsthistorisches Museum - Art History Museum, Vienna: 90 reviews and 212 photos
KUNSTHISHORISCHES MUSEUM is the best & most enjoyable museums I've ever visited. & I've been to many...
The MONUMENT TO EMPRESS MARIA THERESA can be found in Maria Theresienplatz among the 2 symmetrical buildings of NATURHISTORISCHES & KUNSTHISTORISCHES MUSEUM. Maria Thesera is seen here seated on her throne & surrounded by her counselors (standing) & her generals (on horse-back).
Some famous works of art to be found here are:
1) Salt Cellar by Benvenuto Cellini (1540-43)
2) The Infanta Margarita Teresa in a Blue Dress by Velazquez (1659)
3) David with the Head of Goliath by Caravaggio (ca. 1606)
4) Allegory of Vanity by Gregor Erhart (ca. 1500)
5) Summer by Arcimboldo (1563).
6) Allegory of Painting by Jan Vermeer (ca. 1670)
7) The Adoration of the Trinity by Albrecht Durer (1511)
8) Peasant Dance by Pieter Bruegel the Elder (ca. 1568)
The variety of arts & precious objects are tremendous. Bronzes, goldworks, tapestries, ivories, Egyptian, Greek & Roman antiquities, sculptures & paintings... just a feast for anyone who's interested in arts.
For those of you who love paintings, you'll be glad to know works by these artists are all represented here:
3) Van Eyck
4) Van Dyck
5) Bruegel the Elder
Address: various museums
Directions: Between Museumsplatz & Burgring
Phone: +43 1 52524
More Reviews (35)
Sharrie's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels