"The Roofs" Hofburg Palace Complex Tip by Sharrie
Hofburg Palace Complex, Vienna: 217 reviews and 468 photos
THE HOFBURG - the Imperial Palace is laid out in no particular order. As it's construction ranged from 13th century to the 19th century, one might be entering its compound without realising it's indeed part of the Hofburg.
Predominantly the architectural style is Baroque & Neo-classical. So, this should be a good guide when viewing the many complexes of the Hofburg.
Some of the main attractions are:
1) Schatzkammer (Imperial Treasury) - Highly recommended.
2) Imperial Apartments - Reichskanzleitrakt (Apartments of Franz-Joseph I & Empress Elizabeth), Kaiserappartements & Alexander I's Apartments.
3) Burgkapelle (Chapel of Assumption).
4) Ephesos Museum (Museum of Ephesus).
5) Museum fur Volkerkunde (Museum of Ethnography).
6) Spanische Reitschule (Spanish Riding School).
8) Nationalbibliothek (Imperial Court's Library).
Address: The winter palace of the emperor
Directions: Center of Vienna
Phone: +43 1 5337570
More Reviews (35)
Sharrie's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels