"Pack Light" Thailand Packing List Tip by beaniezotzim

Thailand What to Pack: 111 reviews and 51 photos

by beaniezotzim

Luggage and bags: We backpaked it. It worked out really well, most people we encountered were backpacking it also. we were budget traveling so we had to carry our packs wherever we went so the backpacks were perfect.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: clothing: light, breathable clothing... pack LIGHT if you didnt bring enough, the clothes are so cheap in Thailand you can just buy some... my husband and I packed too much and wound up sending 25lbs worth of clothes home! and we thought we packed light!
Shoes: A pair of flops and a pair of tennis shoes if you are planning on hiking.

in this picture, we bought 3 pairs of pants, 3 dresses, 2 pairs of mens shorts, 2 pairs of earings, and a top for less than $20 US (in Kanchanabury. it was cheapest there near the bridge over the river kwae)

*if you plan on visiting any wats or temples, make sure you have some clothes for the occasion, you should dress respectably.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: tampons were not easy to find. you should plan to bring your own if you will be travelling during that time.

Photo Equipment: our digital camera was a good thing, memory cards were a little bit hard to find, so I would suggest bringing a couple of extra memory cards (just in case...it would suck to run out and not be able to find more.)

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: we brought small towels for showering and bought sarongs for about $3 US for beach lounging. the sarongs also worked out well for a bed cover (I am one of those weirdos that needs to have something covering me at night even when its hot) a lot of the bungalows that we stayed at did not have covers on the beds. (just the fitted mattress sheets)

Miscellaneous: I am really glad that we brought some CD's and a walkman with little speakers because after a week or two of nothing but Thai music and radio stations I just wanted to hear some music that reminded me of home. speakers can be bought in most towns for about $5 - $10

We spent some good time lounging and for the down times, we brought a deck of cards, some crossword puzzles and books for reading.

• Written Aug 10, 2003

“We're really doin' it Harry!!!”

Have you been to Thailand?