"Migliara" Top 5 Page for this destination Capri Off The Beaten Path Tip by Ekahau

Capri Off The Beaten Path: 15 reviews and 38 photos

Da Gelsomina View
by Ekahau

I always look for the out of the way place even in one of the most in the way places in the world. One of my favorite short walks (2 km) was from Anacapri's main square, along a paved path carved into the side of Monte Solaro, the island's highest point. Passing secluded small cabins and houses with intensely cultivated vineyards and gardens wedged into the hillside. I soon found myself out of sight and sound of the busy small town with the entire tourist crowd puff gone. I was surrounded only by lemon trees, tiny sunbathing lizards and bees humming among the fragrant flowering bushes. In half an hour, the path arrived at the Belvedere della Migliara, a terrace with views of Capri's lighthouse, and just around the corner the view changed to that of the Faraglioni, rocks outcroppings rising dramatically out of the waves.

But, that is not all this excursions included a stop at a tempting place to eat just minutes from the Miglira, I found myself completely relaxed at Da Gelsomina, a restaurant accessible only by foot. The restaurant's large sheltered terrace overlooks the sea, and get this in hot weather, it even provides an open-air swimming pool.

da Gelsomina (Restaurant)
Via Migliara, 72 - 80071 Anacapri
Tel. +39 081.8371499

The photo is the view anything else to say!!!??

• Written Aug 9, 2003

“""I have a hobby...I have the world's largest collection of sea shells. I keep it scattered on beaches all over"”

Have you been to Capri?