"You've lived in Riga for too long, if... [jokes]" Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Local Custom Tip by in4ik
Riga Region Local Customs: 27 reviews and 17 photos
1. You see three cars in front of you, and you think you are in the traffic jam.
2. You are happy that underground parking houses are being built, but you never park your car there.
3. You have your umbrella with you during all the year round.
4. You speak min 3 languages.
5. You are not surprised by phrases "horibly cool or ungly beautiful", you actually understand what they are about.
6. You regulary meet members of the Parliament and automatically say hi.
7. You saw Raimonds Pauls in slippers and without security guards.
8. You are surprised if your new acquaintant does not have a cell phone.
9. Every year in the end of june you go with your friends to countryside to drink beer with shashlik.
10. You are used to spend long time abroad on expalining where Latvia is located.
11. You are very surprised if a foreigner knows where Latvia is situated and knows its capital city!
12. You are proud that Lat is the most expensive currency in Europe.
13. Phrase "go to the seaside" means 15-20 min drive for you.
14. You sincerely consider yourself an European. if not Western, so at least the Northern, but never Eastern.
15. You are not surprised at grammar mistakes in Russian on big commercial posters.
16. You are used to watch movies in English, video in Russian, weather forecast in Latvian.
17. You are used more to Scandinavians than to Russians.
p.s. the ones in bold ARE SO MUCH TRUE :]
More Local Customs in Riga Region (2)
More Reviews (28)
in4ik's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Riga Region?Share Your Travels