"Ring Riding in Serooskerke" Serooskerke (Walcheren) Local Custom Tip by Bonobo2005
Serooskerke (Walcheren) Local Customs: 49 reviews and 49 photos
Ring riding is a game on unsaddled horseback. Goal is to catch a ring on a wire with a spear. In Serooskerke you can watch this spectacle during the Serooskerke Day
This originally regional game is traditionally the game and day out of farmworkers, that goes along with more than average alcohol consumption.
Nowadays the game has been professionalised and the competitions are considered very important. Besides the official competition days and championships, ring riders also do demonstration days (in folklore clothing). But despite of all this, fun is still very improtant.
Serooskerke doesn't have it's own ring riding club; the riders usually join the club of nearby Gapinge.
More Local Customs in Serooskerke (Walcheren) (51)
More Reviews (129)
- See All Semi Awesome Electricity House
- See All Kleine Putweg Region
- See All Fresh fish once a week!
- See All Open Mill Day
- See All Mini camping De Druiverank
- See All You shouldn't miss the women's cycling...
- See All CrimesTop 5 in Serooskerke involving...
- See All Breedijk Horecaverzorging
- See All Low voltage storage unit #08
- See All Bus Serooskerke to Domburg
- See All Stroskerks Eetuus
Been to Serooskerke (Walcheren)?Share your travels with the world!
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Have you been to Serooskerke (Walcheren)?Share Your Travels