"Extra-Rich Fudge Frosting" Top 5 Page for this destination Food / Drink Tip by jessicadf
Food / Drink, San Rafael: 24 reviews and 28 photos
5 oz semisweet chocolate, cut up
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 tb coffee or water
1/2 cup sugar
4 large egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 sticks (8 oz) butter, softened and cut up
1. In medium glass bowl, combine semisweet and unsweetened chocolate and coffee (or water). Microwave on medium 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until coffee is hot. Whisk coffee and chocolate together until completely smooth.
2. In a double boiler over simmering water, whisk together sugar and egg yolks. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add vanilla.
3. Add chocolate to egg mixture and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until completely cooled, about 5 minutes. Beat in butter, 1 piece at a time, blending well after each addition, until smooth and spreadable.
On this particular cake, my niece requested chocolate dipped strawberries as the decoration.
More Warnings and Dangers in San Rafael (22)
More Reviews (38)
- See All Groceries - organic and otherwise
- See All A rare treat: Indonesian food
- See All Hula is GREAT exercise!
- You pretty much need a vehicle
- See All China Camp State Park
jessicadf's Related Pages
Have you been to San Rafael?Share Your Travels