"The best museum in London" Victoria and Albert Museum Tip by Zmrzlina

Victoria and Albert Museum, London: 69 reviews and 143 photos

Okay, so I didn't get to many museums, but I can't imagine any are better than this one. Oh my goodness. This is set up all willy-nilly so you have to walk all over to find stuff, but if you ask a guard, like we did, he may just walk you all the ways to the room you are looking for, chatting all the while!

We saw a wonderful propaganda poster exhibit and the Frank Lloyd Wright room. I was so surprised when Greg sought out this room. Had no idea it was there and since Greg is a huge Wright fan, it was quite a thrill to see the room.

If we had not arrived just at closing time (had spent the day in Canterbury and got back only to be able to run in and see the posters, which I had seen online at home. The Wright room was a bonus), I think we would have spent lots of time here.

On the way out we stopped so I could buy postcards and there was one of a new addition for the museum designed by the guy who won the WTC design contest in NYC. I dragged Greg around and around the museum looking for the addition but we couldn't find it. Turns out the postcard shows a planned addition. See it here:

Address: Cromwell Road, SW7
Directions: South Kensington tube
Phone: 0 20 7942 2000
Website: http://www.vam.ac.uk

• Written Jul 12, 2003

“"A traveller without observation is a bird without wings." Moslih Eddin Saadi”

Have you been to London?