"Legal drinking age" Wojewodztwo Lodzkie Warnings Or Dangers Tip by matcrazy1

by matcrazy1

Legal minimum drinking age in Poland is 18 for alcoholic beverages (more than 4.5% alcohol by weight)! There is no minimum purchasing age for beverages under 4.5%. It's not the USA (at least western states, I visited) with 21 :-).

But it seems that
nobody cares about it in Poland. It's rare (almost impossible in some places) you to be asked for identity even if you look a little younger. Do you? :-)
What a big difference with the USA I visited recently. At my age I would like somebody to ask me for my identity there but hmm... surely nobody did it.
In Poland... instead of that, you can find (obligatory) warnings in all places where booze is served/sold: alcohol (booze) is not sold for youths under 18yo! And funny (obligatory) warning sign:
Alcohol/booze is not sold for drunk customers :-)))). Hmm... what does it mean drunk?

I remember that once a young journalist (17yo) was going around various pubs/liquor stories in Warsaw trying to buy/order booze/drinks/beer and imagine that in most cases he managed to do it. I wonder whether he drank all that drinks? :-)
They published it and what happened? He was... accused to do that, fortunately the public prosecuter discontinued the lawsuit. I am not sure whether they punished businesses who sold booze to him - probably yes.
But the discussion started and... still countinues. From time to time local city guards and police take some actions againt it but generally still nothing changed about it - youths seem to be the best customers for pubs (they drink beer there).

To read more on minimum drinking age and minimum purchasing age around the world - they are not the same in some countries - follow the link below, please.

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Wojewodztwo Lodzkie?