In the restaurant we were was a souvenirshop: "Dont give money, buy something" Top 5 Page for this destination Cobá Shopping Tip by Umfufu
Cobá Shopping: 1 reviews and 1 photos
People are very poor in the jungle (and outside the big cities) so they will try to ask money. Not much but still they do. So if all the people would give them money they wouldnt contignue to make the Mayan culture go. Its better to buy something out the stores you see along the roads or even in the Mayan houses.
What to buy: We have bought some nittingwork. But there are different Maya souvenirs to buy. Also the food they make is for sale, so if you buy a burrito from them, they have money for something else.
What to pay: Make sure you pay about 50% of the price they are asking on markets, but in the Maya houses you can just pay what they ask, cause there are the prices normal.
More Reviews (28)
- Dont believe all they tell you
- See All Moonshining
- See All Take a good look where ever you walk
- Bring soap and paper and....
- Take the taxi-bike
- See All DONT think the sun will shine ALL the...
- Climbing the highest pyramid of the...
- See All The lake from an other point of view
- There is nothing to do there in the...
- I havent been in a hotel there
- See All Make sure you dont sit to close to the...
Been to Cobá?Share your travels with the world!
Umfufu's Related Pages
Have you been to Cobá?Share Your Travels