"Nicest City Park Around - Parque da Cidade" Rio de Janeiro Off The Beaten Path Tip by tijuca
Rio de Janeiro Off The Beaten Path: 266 reviews and 288 photos
I still have dreams about this magical place I visited as a kid. The Parque da Cidade (the City Park) is a lush tropical delight, particularly if you're from the desert. We used to have class picnics here. Most people coming to Rio are NOT coming for the parks, but this one remains firmly entrenched in my memory as a green emerald magical playground. I pictured the Emerald City as something like this park.
The Parque da Cidade was once located away from everything in the Gavea jungle, but the Rocinha favela has been steadily marching towards it. It may be too close for comfort now. Just like the Jardim Botanico, I would not wander off the beaten path. Stay accompanied at all times. Be safe. Check out their web site below.
More Off The Beaten Path in Rio de Janeiro (2)
More Reviews (29)
- See All Hotel Gloria - Rio's Grand Old Lady
- See All Historical Rio Cafe 1894 - You Should...
- See All You Can Buy Almost Anything on the Beach
- See All Check Airline Finances BEFORE BUYING...
- See All Take Two Suitcases - One Empty Inside...
- See All Cameras and the Problems they Present
- See All Maracana Stadium in Rio - One of Largest...
- See All New Years Eve on Rio's Sands A Must See
- Rio Parties Late at Night
- See All Note Location of Rio's Favelas (Slums)
- Beware of Price of Imported Booze
- Where to Exchange Dollars BEFORE You...
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels