VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Wazee supper club: "Pizza and jazz" Denver Restaurant Tip by goingsolo

Denver Restaurants: 220 reviews and 166 photos

If you're not hungry when you walk in, the smell of wood burning pizza will definitely get you by the time you sit at a checkboard covered table. The Waz is a very laid back place with a checkered floor, a brick interior and very good casual fare.

Pizza is the thing to get here, but I went for the cheesesteak sandwich. As the daughter of a South Philly native, its hard to impress me with a cheesesteak, but these folks did. This was the closest thing you'll get to a philly without going to Pat's.

In the evenings, jazz is played here as well. I didn't stick around for that, and I've heard there are better jazz places such as El Chapultepec, but I figured I'd pass that information along.

Favorite Dish: Pizza is the thing to get, but I didn't. The cheesesteak was excellent.

Address: 1600 15th St., Denver
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Pizza

• Updated Jan 14, 2005

Comments

goingsolo

“"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."”

Have you been to Denver?