VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Flying to Los Angeles" By Plane Tip by Geoff_Wright

By Plane, California: 17 reviews and 8 photos

American Airlines
by Geoff_Wright

There appears to be many internet travel sites offering 'best deals' on flights. Having used Ebookers previously, I again used them for my flights to and from the US.

Over the weeks before my trip I had checked the aircraft availability on Ebookers, and finally I decided on my flights. I entered all the details, including my credit card details, but the page wouldn't advance. It kept saying I needed some sort of password. So, after several attempts, I emailed the company, explaining the situation, and asking them to reserve the seats I required. As I had to go out, I said I would be in touch on my return home.

Home again, and there was an Email from Ebookers, to say, sorry but the flights I wanted were no longer available. An alternative, costing over £130 more, was offered. I entered my original flight details on their site again, and found that my original flights were still shown as 'available'. (next tip)

Mode: TO
Type: Airplane
Website: http://www.ebookers.com

• Updated Jun 29, 2003

Comments

Geoff_Wright

“ Sometimes just let your heart rule your head!”

Have you been to California?