VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Garter snake" Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Things to Do Tip by sim1

Algonquin Provincial Park Things to Do: 145 reviews and 178 photos

Garter snake in a canoe
by sim1

On the way back we all of a sudden spotted an abandoned canoe. Really weird to see one here in the middle of no where, and Jacob doesn't think twice and turns it around to have a better look at it. Hahaha, but the moment he does that two little eyes look at him angrily.... oops, a garter snake! The snake was quite big and didn't look to friendly at us, hahaha, I probably wouldn't either when I get interrupted so abruptly in an afternoon nap. I know I don't need to be afraid of a garter snake, but nevertheless I kept a safe distance. It didn't look too pleased, hahaha, and it was quite big. So I decided that it was better to be safe than sorry. I did find it quite amazing that in a few weeks time I saw for the second time in my life a snake in the wild.

Directions: Mizzie Lake Trail at 15.4 kilometers from the West Gate of Algonquin Park.
Website: http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/algo.html

• Updated Nov 26, 2003

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Algonquin Provincial Park?